We “let our light shine” in our school, our Multi Academy Trust, our homes and our community by following the teachings of Jesus, the Light of the World.
SIAMS Inspection June 2017
"Parents say that teachers and school leaders go the extra mile for their children and this makes the school special."
At St James C of E Academy, we work together in a welcoming, caring Christian learning environment. We actively encourage each child to achieve and celebrate his/her own unique potential, to respect the beliefs and ideas of others and to become a happy, responsible and considerate person in God’s world.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Promoting high standards and providing a high quality of learning for all pupils;
- Providing a stimulating, disciplined and caring environment in which teachers can teach and pupils can learn;
- Providing a broad, balanced curriculum, including sport, the arts, music and also extra-curricular activities;
- Caring for the individual needs of all our pupils;
- Supporting and encouraging each other as members of a caring community;
- Having close links with the local churches.
We believe that:
- Every child is unique and each child is of equal importance;
- Children’s learning flourishes when high value is placed on praise, encouragement, courtesy and consideration for others;
- High quality teaching and good relationships with children and their parents/carers have a positive effect on children’s learning;
The quality of our pupils’ learning and the environment during the primary years are critical in laying down the foundation for subsequent learning and development; our successes are important in helping our children to become happy, caring adults who will make a positive contribution to their communities .
Our children have been learning to 'Choose Kind' and 'fill their buckets' by being kind to others.