If you receive any of the following benefits you are eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant.
- Universal credit (provided you have a net income of £7400 or less)
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
Children who are or have been in care, and children who have a parent who is or was in the armed forces, are also entitled to pupil premium.
Pupils who have qualified for free school meals on the above grounds in the past, but are no longer eligible, continue to receive pupil premium for the next six years.
For the period of time you are eligible to receive this grant your child is also entitled to receive Free School Meals. If your child is in Key Stage 1 and so entitled to Universal Free School Meals they will continue to receive a free school meal until the end of Year 2.